My Writing Pursuit
For the past six years I have passionately pursued the practice and craft of writing. My dedication to writing led me from my hometown of Edinburgh, Scotland to Interlochen Arts Academy in Michigan, USA, where not only did my literary and creative experience multiply tenfold, but my love for travel. There, I met incredible writers and artists of all kinds from all over the world. My love for fantastical fiction and hybrid genres was formed during my time there, alongside my understanding of what writing means to me.
I'm passionate about writing beautiful work that deals with complex subject matter in a unique and language-orientated way. Writing and reading have always played an intrinsic role in my life, and I believe in its transformative ability to highlight social issues, bring light to others' struggles, express ideas and question what it means to be human. You can find examples of my work on this website.
Editing and Copywriting
As much as I am a creative writer, I also have experience as an editor after editing the February 2017 issue of The Red Wheelbarrow, and working for SpaLife magazine as assistant editor for nine months. About two years ago I took the dive into copywriting, and with the years of writing skills I have built up I found it an easy transition.
Edinburgh Fringe Festival Reviewer
For the month of August 2018 I took up a position as an Edinburgh Fringe Festival Reviewer with the EdinburghGuide. The experience was a truly incredible one, with feedback on the reviews from almost all the shows' performers, and the opportunity to meet and connect with incredible artists and other reviewers of all backgrounds. My reviews are linked to on this website.
Junior Content Producer
Since October 2018, I have been working at a media and marketing agency, training and working as a content producer. I'm excited to continue my creative journey in this area. I have written a couple of blogs for the company, which are linked to under my blog section of this website.
• Two Gold Keys and one Silver Key in the "Scholastic Art and Writing Awards"
• Creative Writing Spirit Award whilst at Interlochen -- "goes to the student whose artistic energy and care for the work of others makes The Writing House a better place"
• Merit Scholarship to attend Interlochen Arts Academy
• Runner up in Bloomsbury's 247 Tales Competition
• EdinburghGuide Reviewer
• Published in The Interlochen Review
• Worked as an editor on the February Issue of the Red Wheelbarrow, a quarterly literary journal at Interlochen
• Published in and worked as an editor for "Moon", a Young Edinburgh Writer's print chapbook